In this engaging episode, host Gary Scott Thomas welcomes the legendary comedian Killer Beaz. They discuss their shared experiences growing up in the South and the challenges they faced in pursuing their dreams. The conversation takes a spiritual turn as they delve into their rediscovery of faith and the importance of changing one’s mindset. Killer Beaz shares a powerful story of how he and his wife reached out to a couple in need and how their act of kindness had a profound impact on both the couple and those who witnessed it. They emphasize the importance of leading with faith and generosity and how it can bring happiness and blessings to others. Overall, this episode is a heartfelt and inspiring conversation about faith, kindness, and the power of laughter.
This episode is sponsored by:
Habana Cuba (Use “Gary20” to get 20% off your order.)
In This Episode:
- Change Your Mindset, Change Your Life: One of the biggest revelations discussed in this episode is the ability to change our mindset. Our thoughts have the power to shape our reality, and by consciously choosing to think positively and let go of negative thoughts, we can transform our lives. As Killer Beaz shared, “Change your freaking mind. Change that mindset. It’s painless, and it works.”
- You Have the Power to Stop Negative Thoughts: We all experience dark thoughts from time to time, but the key is to recognize that we have the power to stop them in their tracks. By acknowledging our ability to choose happiness and not worry, we can shift our focus towards a more positive outlook. As our guest emphasized, “When you have those dark thoughts, you have the power to stop them in their tracks and go not today, not today.”
- Let Go of Limiting Beliefs: Our mindset can sometimes be like a lid on a jar, holding us back from realizing our full potential. We often limit ourselves with beliefs that are not true or no longer serve us. As one of our guests shared, “You’ve got to get rid of that mindset because all things are possible for us.” By letting go of these limiting beliefs, we open ourselves up to endless possibilities and true freedom.
- “Change your freaking mind.” ~Killer Beaz
- “My phrase in my head is, ‘Not today, Satan.'” ~Killer Beaz
- “The research shows the happiest that you will feel is when you do something for someone else.” ~Killer Beaz
- “You don’t have to be Bible-literate. You don’t have to be a scholar of the Bible. You don’t have to be well-versed in it in order to just share with people why you’re happy and why you don’t have a life full of worry and anxiety.” ~Killer Beaz
- “We have no idea what the blessings others are gonna get just because we’re obedient.” ~Killer Beaz
- “They say that smart is knowing what to say. Wisdom is knowing when not to say it.” ~Killer Beaz
- “God’s going to use it in some way wonderful.” ~Killer Beaz
- “But God is gonna ask you, what’d you do with all the blessings I gave you?” ~Killer Beaz
- “When you open that Bible, how many times have you randomly opened it, and holy moly, right there is something that has pertained with something that’s going on that day or something you were fretting over. It will address it.” ~Killer Beaz
Celebrating his seventh season on Discovery Channel’s hit series, “Moonshiners”, comedian Killer Beaz is touring the nation when not filming. With well over three decades of comedy clubs and theatres, television, and radio, Killer Beaz is legendary in the comedy industry. Beaz continues to make regular stops with his family-friendly show to The Grand Ole Opry stage. Tickets and information for his tour are available at www.KillerBeaz.com.
Killer Beaz has his own, unique brand of “Hard Hitting” – “Laugh out Loud” – “Laugh A Lot” – “HI-PROOF” – “High Energy” – “Everyman-style” comedy! With many thousands of radio, television and stage appearances, Beaz has been entertaining audiences worldwide, but his passion is his live stage performance. He is an award-winning artist and has been signed with both Sony and Warner Brothers Records, and received reviews such as:
“Beaz is ‘Killer!’” – Rolling Stone Magazine
“Killer Beaz lives up to his name, “Killing” his audience, night after night, show after show!” -Entertainment Today/Las Vegas, NV
“Killer Beaz has a universal appeal that makes him a crowd favorite!” – SHOWTIME/Reno, NV
Don’t miss your opportunity to see “THE BEST BUZZ in TOWN!” See him on television, hear him on the radio, see his stage performance live…you’ll be “Stung for Life!” Live show tickets and information are available at KillerBeaz.com.