This week, Gary chatted with the legendary Olympic beach volleyball player Kerri Walsh Jennings. We dive deep into her journey of rehabilitation post-injury, exploring themes like expectation management, maintaining an active lifestyle for personal well-being, and setting examples for children. Listen as she shares valuable insights on handling adversity in high-stakes situations, teamwork dynamics, and overcoming fear – all while juggling career aspirations and family responsibilities. Tune in to hear more about how she continues to inspire others through her story of resilience!
This episode is sponsored by:
In This Episode:
- Reading Bible verses and using the Bible Recap app
- Teenagers’ desire to spend more time with their parents
- The importance of staying active and vibrant as one ages
- Pouring into and creating a legacy for one’s family
- Taking time for oneself in a relationship and focusing on personal growth
- Overcoming fear and maintaining a positive focus
- The bronze medal game and the challenges faced
- The power of love and support from trusted individuals
- The importance of self-awareness and managing one’s energy
- The role of fear in clouding judgment and perception
“So for your kids, for my kids, to see us wanting to be vibrant, to make it a priority to keep moving, and to pray and to do all these things that fill us up so we can be vibrant in life for them, for ourselves; it’s just such a powerful gift.” ~Kerri Walsh Jennings
“As parents can, to a certain extent, we can control so much of our children’s lives based on the environment that we create in our homes and how we respond to their stresses and their growth, and all these things. And we set the tone largely, and that is such a huge responsibility.” ~Kerri Walsh Jennings
Kerri Lee Walsh Jennings is an American professional beach volleyball player, a three-time Olympic gold medalist, and a one-time Olympic bronze medalist. She is the beach volleyball leader in career victories as of 2016, having won 135 international and domestic tournaments.